Matcha Ginger Tea
With crushed ice, lime
Blend ice, matcha and ginger together at high speed until ice is crushed. Pour
immediately into a chilled glass. Add lime juice and honey to taste.
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 T fresh ginger, chopped or grated*
- 1/2 cup ice
- juice of 1/2 lime
- honey (optional)
* Don't have a blender? Use grated ginger and a martini shaker with ice-cubes
for a ginger tea on the rocks. No electricity required.
TIPS and Know-How
- Temperature matters. Heat brings out the bitter flavors in matcha. Ice
will bring out the sweetness and the rich creamy mouth feel unique to
- Use best quality water and iced-cubes available.
Adjust proportions to taste.
- Drink up immediately. Matcha tea does not technically â€œdissolveâ€ but
rather â€œsuspendsâ€ in liquid. After a while, the tea will float to the bottom
and your beverage will separate.